How can software improve governance?
Governance software provides a single platform for managing board and committee meetings, risk, decision making and other governance related activities. It provides an overview of governance throughout the organisation, helping identify issues and drive improvement.
Managing meetings and information with efficiency
- Online meetings help organisations share information consistently.
- An easier to maintain an audit trail increases transparency.
- Apps for iPad, Windows and Android tablets gives users a choice and support a BYOD policy.
- A single location to access all meetings and papers helps board members, committees and departments locate past and present information.
- Secure login reduces the chance of sharing confidential data inappropriately.
- An interactive agenda, consolidates everything the meeting attendee needs, helping make interrogating that information easier.
- Documents that are stored in a secure, shared space are much easier to make available to remote staff, maintain version control and keep updated.
Making fair decisions
- Access to documentation around previous decisions contributes to more informed decision-making.
- Decisions made independently tend to be less influenced by ‘group think’.
- Voting tools with documentation, research and reports related to that decision means the decision makers can review and discuss all influencing factors in their own time.
- Decisions that are more balanced, measured and based on information lead to better corporate governance.
Promoting risk awareness and better risk management
- Risk management software integrated into the meeting space means that risks are easy to review, monitor and measure from within the committee meeting.
- A graphical presentation of all risks, organised by priority, on one screen, provides risk managers with a live view of the risks facing their organisation.
Maintaining compliance with policies and procedures
- Online procedures are easier to audit and update.
- An up-to-date procedure prevents inconsistency, duplication, inaccuracies and lost information.
- Practical procedures help mitigate key man risk within a business.